Book Mel As A Speaker At Your Conference Or Event
INFORMATION FOR EVENTS & CONFERENCE CO-ORDINATORS
(Pronounced Ming-iss not Men-zees)
Author & Speaker
Member of: Society of Women Writers & Journalists;
West Country Writers’ Association;
Association of Christian Writers;
- Author of a number of books, one a Sunday Times No. 4 Best Seller, plus numerous magazine articles. Her most recent book, Time to Shine, is a psychologist mystery set in the historic city of Exeter, with quiry counsellor, Evie Adams, finding resolution rather than the usual DCI. The first of the Evie Adams series, this will be followed by Chosen? Mel's books and articles have tackled subjects as diverse as death and bereavement, debt and budgeting, divorce and stepfamilies, drug addiction and rehabilitation, plus, of course, the subject of writing.
- Keynote Speaker: Mel has addressed live audiences of all sizes and types, from 20 to 700+ ranging from book clubs, booksellers' and publishers' conferences, luncheon clubs, Salvation Army leaders conference, writers' groups
- Venues have included Pavilion Theatre Ballroom, Bournemouth; Princess Theatre, Torquay; Lee Abbey, North Devon The Hayes, Swanwick.
- Power Point: a presentation may be included if required.
- Topics: Mel is happy to be given a title or topic for a talk. Alternatively, she will craft her address on a range of subjects, including Creative Writing; Christian themes; relationships (stepfamilies) or personal growth (personality profiling).
- Style: informal but informative, Mel’s style is relaxed and includes humour, anecdotal and personal material.
- Workshops: any of the above topics may form part of your event.
- TV & Radio: Mel has taken part in a number of chat-shows and ‘phone-ins’ on both radio and TV, including the Richard Bacon Show on BBC Radio 5 Live, topic: Godparents and Woman to Woman on Premier Radio
- Website: Mel’s Muse (a Blog) is regularly updated and contains articles on, among other things, Creative Writing, Public Speaking, relationships, bereavement, debt and personal growth development.
- My Diary: Contains Book Reviews - questions raised and conclusions reached by the Readers’ Group Mel leads. These are available as a resource for other Book Groups.
- Dear Mel: Agony Aunt Articles – letters and answers based on the Family Forums and Marriage Enrichment Classes Mel used to run with her husband.
- Psychometric Personality Tests: Passionate about liberating people to accept themselves as they are and fulfil their created potential, Mel is happy to facilitate this process.
- Fees & Expenses: Travelling (and accommodation expenses where necessary) are mandatory. However, depending on the size and nature of the group or event, Mel is open to negotiation on fees/gift.
- Book Sales: Cumcaritas Books, as its Latin name implies (Cum – with, Caritas – love or charity) deals with proceeds from sales of some of Mel’s books, which have raised hundreds of pountds for charities benefiting children, and continue to do so..
- Booking procedures: Contact Mel in the first instance, by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org giving details of the date, venue, nature of event, approximate size, and gender, of audience, topic and expected length of address.
BBC Radio Devon Interview
Listen to me chatting to Dave Fitzgerald about my latest release, Chosen, on BBC local radio.