Posts on related themes:
Readers Group Questions: Intelligent Church By Steve Chalke - 9.7.2009
Posted at 04:05am on 4th July 2009
- What exactly do you believe about God? (in a nutshell)
- What are the non-negotiables of church – what are the things that make a church a church?
- Is there a difference between how we ‘do’ church at and how we should/could do it eg. should we discard the building and get a more modern one that would be less intimidating to the non- churched?
- Before we can be more inclusive of the local community how can we be more inclusive ‘in-house’ eg why do the young people (30s and 40s) who put up for the leadership team fail to get on time and time again?
- Who is the local community?
- Should the church be open 24/7 serving the local community?
- How can church become more ‘messy’? Are we too middle class?
- How can we change the perception of Christianity from a message of ‘do not’ to one of hope and love?
- What do people think is their main stumbling block with inviting people to church?
- Can we think of any ways that we could become more engaged with our local town centre community?
- In what ways would you like the church to become more honest? eg use of everyday language Bible
- What do you think of the Faithworks Charter?
- Try to make the Faithworks Charter more user-friendly.
BBC Radio Devon Interview
Listen to me chatting to Dave Fitzgerald about my latest release, Chosen, on BBC local radio.